Discrimination & harassment is a constant presence in America’s workplaces. It can take a variety of forms, and with more media platforms available to employees, harassment has never been more prevalent in the workplace.
But when does a dirty joke or sexually explicit message become harassment or a type of discrimination? How far can employees go before they commit unlawful acts? To prevent harassment & discrimination, we need to understand it. HR Simplistic provides resources to provide answers to these questions and more though training for California employees.
Anti-discrimination & harassment prevention courses are designed to provide a comprehensive explanation of what discrimination is, how it can occur in the workplace, current legal positions, and how management can maintain a discrimination-free workplace.
Who Must take this Type of Training?
· Managers or supervisors in any industry in California.
· All hourly non-supervisory Employees
· All non-supervisory employees who work for a company with 5 or more employees must have Sexual Harassment training within 6 months of being hired.
An employer who has provided this training and education to an employee after January 1, 2019, is not required to provide training and education by the January 1, 2020, deadline. After January 1, 2020, each employer shall provide sexual harassment training and education to each employee in California once every two years.
Reason for the Training
HR simplistic can offer your business the resource to administer training to educate supervisors and managers on how to properly prevent, identify, handle and report cases of workplace harassment and discrimination. HR Simplistic can help provide the proper protocols for educating their own employees as well as creating workplace policies to address the following:
· Sexual harassment in California workplace settings
· Gender harassment in California workplaces
· Discrimination and workplace harassment based on the following: pregnancy, breast-feeding, childbirth, related medical conditions
· Harassment based on the above and any other conditions outlined by the law.
The training is online to make it simple for your company to be compliant with the mandatory harassment prevention training. The online platform makes assigning and taking the courses a breeze. Employees can choose their language of choice.